It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, won't you be my neighbor?

It was such a beautiful day out so I took Zander over to this sod farm across the street from our house to play. He was so funny about touching the grass- he just sat there and drank his drink while elevating his feet. Any time his feet touched the grass he would scream.
(Wow, the sun really illuminated his ears. My child was blessed with my ears... poor thing.)


I was trying to figure something out on my camera and I look up at him and he is eating mud and enjoying it immensely!

The only time he didn't like what he was eating was when something remotely edible, like a blade of grass got in his mouth. Look at his teeth- it looks like I have never brushed them HA HA! Hungry anyone?

...At least he was happy....

Taking pictures of my boy at this stage is so much fun, I just wish he would look at me for even an inkling of a second. The only time he would even look up was when a car drove by.

..."Oh a cars coming"....

.....Car....

I had no idea that a one year old could grow a mustache.

9 comments:

Hannah Stayner said...

ok, I could not stop laughing and everytime I scrolled down to the next picture I laughed even harder!!! Im crying right now. These pictures are so amazing by the way.

Freddie said...

Ditto to what sadie said... I am still laughing my head off... you have the most hallarious child in the world. and of course your sense of humor makes it even more funny. You need to enter these pics in some kind of a photo or baby contest. Im NOT kidding.

Freddie said...

oops i meant to say.. ditto to what hannah said. but got my kids mixed up... haha long day..

Kalli said...

Jess I love you! I know I need to post more photos I am lazy LOL and don't ever take pictures as good as you do of Zander or I would post everyday. I will let you know for sure if he gets a transfer he didn't put in for it yet he got injured and that kinda stopped the process so he said he will finish the request when he goes back to work next week. I need to learn how to upload video cause I have some funny video that I would love to put on here so next time Brooke is up here I will have her help me do that. Anyways love the pictures of Zander this time they are so funny I love boys don't you?!!

Anonymous said...

oh these are the best pics so far
i can't wait till i can figure out how to use my REBEL to make my shots look as spectacular! I just got it saturday and am excited to learn. Zander is too entertaining. i laughed and laughed! Sadie

EVEN STEPHENS said...

Jesi. This was a dangerous step in my recovery of a c-section. I laughed so hard my staples were bulging out. YES STAPLES NOT STICHES. Thanks for making me laugh so hard I had to take lortab to recover. Best laugh I have had in 9 months.

Ali said...

Jess. Those are the best pictures. Way too funny. I can tell that he had so much fun playing in the mud. The one that you can see his teeth is the best. You need to come up here and teach me how to take good pictures. You have a talent. Taylor was the same way with the grass. It is funny because they get so mad that they are sitting on the grass, but you just keep putting them on it because it is so funny.

Also you have been TAGGED!!

Jennifer Heath said...

I'm glad to see my grandson is getting a diet rich in iron and fiber. Jake was given a cookbook called "A Can, A man, and A Plan". Al's cookbook could be entitled
"A Wheel, A Peel, and A squeal"! From the pictures I can see he has all of the ingredients for at least one recipe: A tire, a blade of grass[not quite a peel but it will do] and a big smile. I am happy he is not becoming a picky eater. Smooch his dirty face for me!

Jennifer Heath said...

In taking a second look at the pictures,I'm not as worried about the mud as I am what's in the Sonic cup. The mud will help build up his immune system and the grass is just hillbilly floss. He gets the hillbilly part from our side of the family. If you start growing out his mullet now you will be that much ahead of the game!